Tuesday 22 October 2013

The Great Cumberland Bag Folk

When we first set up in business here in Cumbria I was making bags under the name of The Great Cumberland Bag Folk. (I really wanted to call it The Cumberland Bag Lady but was dissuaded from using that title.)

These are great bags. They're mostly patchwork, and made from upcycled fabrics, often pieces left over from upholstery or curtain making, or pages from redundant sample books.

Each one is unique, though there's a consistency about the patterns. Most have two shoulder straps, so can be considered as feminine backpacks, if you like.

Anyway, I don't really make many bags these days, apart from one-off projects if I need a container for a particular item. (I made a Kindle case recently, for instance.) There was a boxful of bags hidden away in our storeroom, which has found its way to the top of the pile, and with Christmas on its way, it seemed like a good time to try to find good homes for them.


 The one in the photo above is the last one left from a series made from heavyweight linen fabric, fully lined. This was probably our most popular style.

So I'm in the midst of adding these bags to our website. So far, I've made a page for them, but haven't added all the links from the other pages yet, so now is your chance to grab one before anyone else knows they're there.

Did I mention they make great Christmas presents? Each one is unique!

You can find them by clicking on this link: http://www.marshallmcgurk.com/SitUponShop/shop_bags.htm

Oh, and I forgot to mention - if you live near us, you can save on postage. Just let me know which one you'd like, and I'll put it aside until we see each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment