Wednesday 16 October 2013

Cotton cord stools




I used to make a lot of these stools, using the beautifully coloured cotton seating cord that we used to stock, but is no longer made. I still feel sad when I look in the box where I used to store it - odd bits and pieces of gorgeous coloured cord are still there, reminding me of what we once could get. There's probably enough for me to do 2 or 3 more stools, though they might be rather strange colour combinations. There's rather a lot of yellow, I think.

Anyway, two ready-made stools, which I made some time back, have just resurfaced. I really like them. They're both woven in patterns I created myself. I almost want to keep them, but that would be silly.

The one on the left has its frame finished in a cool blue/silver stain, which complements the blue and brown seat rather nicely.

The one on the right has a dark stained and varnished frame.

Please note that colours look different on everyone's computer screen. These photos are just to give you an idea of the colours. They probably look a little different in real life.

If I were making a new one today, the cost would be about £75, but I'm prepared to let these two go to good homes for only £59.99 each (plus postage).

I haven't put them up on the website yet, but if you want to grab one before they go public, just make a comment below and I'll get in touch.

No comments:

Post a Comment